sexta-feira, 17 de setembro de 2010

The Power of Prayer

We often think that we should just pray for great things, like peace on earth, the conversion of our friends and family, our lives, studies, work, family, or just for things that seem essential to us, essential and very important indeed. But what if we stop to think: does God only care about things really relevant? Does He not care for our things from our daily routine:? Our small everyday problems?
Well, today I had my answer, and I realized that for most of the ordinary things that we ask God, He wants our faith in his providing. He wants us to show Him that we really believe in His power, His strength, His help.
That's what happened today. A rainy holiday, my family and I decided to go to the mall. What we didn’t expect was that many people had the same idea. We took several laps around the parking lot and didn’t by any chance find a vacancy. Then I remembered an excerpt from Philip Yancey´s book, “Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?”, that reports exactly a scene of praying to find a parking spot. That's what I did: I immediately closed my eyes and prayed. I didn’t think that was an insignificant request, but I’ve just put my momentary problem in God's hands. And He answered my prayer: turning to the next row, there was a place waiting for us. Cars passed in front of it, but nobody stopped, and the space stood empty until we parked. And best of all, that was not a simple vacancy, that vacancy was saved by God for us.
So, if we ask ourselves, does prayer make a difference? Well, today I realized once again that prayer makes all the difference.

“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Philippians 4:6

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário